Entry fees are $280 per Senior competitor and $120 per Junior/Small Fry competitor, plus a 1.88% processing fee. Note - A credit or debit card is required to make your entry fee payment and complete your entry. Your entry fee includes a tournament shirt for each competitor, meal tickets to the GAMEX Briefing Session, Exmouth Escape Resort Social Night and GWN7 Presentation Night, a team boat bag full of goodies plus provisional entry* into the $50,000 Northbank trailerboat package draw. *Each team must qualify during the tournament for entry into the Northbank trailerboat package draw.
If you are having difficulty filling out the online entry or do not have a credit card to make payment, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mob: 0439 470 711.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY The word “boat” used in this form includes any floating object used to transport or accommodate any person, whether it is powered or not, & includes but is not limited to a kayak.
1. The Exmouth Game Fishing Club (EGFC) – is the organiser of the GAMEX 2023 Fishing Tournament (GAMEX).
2. I agree that:
a. I am participating, alternatively will be the skipper, crew or a passenger on board a boat used for the purpose of or involved, in GAMEX;
b. further or alternatively to paragraph 2a, I own the boat identified in my entry form;
c. GAMEX is a recreational activity to which the Civil Liability Act 2002 (WA) applies; and
d. by performing any of the activities referred to in paragraph 2a above, alternatively permitting my boat to be used in GAMEX, I am engaging in a recreational activity.
3. I have been warned of and am aware of the risks of participating in GAMEX, which include (but are not limited to)
Injury, death or property loss or damage caused or contributed to by: a. exposure to weather, tides or waves;
Exposure to sun, wind or water;
Submerged or floating objects, marine life, hazards at sea, fishing or boating equipment or naturally occurring or human made structures;
The driving of vehicles or boats;
Vehicle driver error;
The launching, retrieving, anchoring, mooring, berthing or releasing of boats;
The use of boating trailers;
Failed, defective or inoperative boating equipment, safety equipment or boat related mechanics;
Loss, damage or capsizing of a boat;
Slippery or sharp boat surfaces, jetties or land based floors or structures; and
4. I have informed myself and am aware of all hazards and risks and the Western Australian and Australian laws applicable to the areas where I intend to fish or be present during GAMEX.
5. I have informed myself of and agree to comply with all:
Western Australian and Australian laws applicable to the areas where I intend to fish or be present during GAMEX; and
Game Fishing Association of Australia and EGFC Rules and Regulations applicable to GAMEX.
6. I warrant that the boat that I will use in GAMEX is insured for loss and damage and public liability insurance has been effected and maintained by the boat owner for the duration of GAMEX in respect of loss or damage caused by the use of the boat.
7. Upon request by EGFC, at any time, I must produce to EGFC a complete and true copy of the property and liability insurance contract(s) referred to in paragraph 6 above.
8. I warrant that the boat I will use in GAMEX is seaworthy, fit and proper and contains all relevant safety equipment (including but not limited to VHF radio, life jackets, EPIRB, flares, bailer and fire extinguisher) for use in GAMEX.
9. I warrant that the boat I will use in GAMEX is fitted with an operating and well maintained VHF radio.
10. I release the EGFC, its officers and members from any and all liability, whether at law or in equity, in respect of damage to or the loss of my property or my personal injury or death arising from or in any way connected to GAMEX.
11. I release the EGFC, its officers and members from any and all liability, whether at law or in equity, for contribution or indemnity in respect of legal proceedings commenced against me by, or my legal liability to, any person arising from or in any way connected to GAMEX.
12. I have read and agree that EGFC’s GAMEX Cancellation Policy is incorporated into and forms part of these terms and conditions.
13. I agree that if this my entry is submitted to EGFC after Dec 5th 2022, the persons referred to as skipper or anglers on my entry form may not receive a correct sized tournament T-shirt.
If any person referred to above is under the age of 18 years (minor), please ensure that his/her parent / legal guardian completes the entry form.
CANCELLATION POLICY Participants: 1.If the entire GAMEX 2023 event is cancelled due to actual or forecasted weather, an order, direction or notice issued by the Australian, Western Australian or Exmouth government or one of their agencies or departments, or an event or omission that is not within Exmouth Game Fishing Club’s (EGFC) control, then each person who:
A. Intended to be a participant in the cancelled fishing tournament; and
B.Had prior to the event commencement date correctly completed and submitted to EGFC the applicable Entry Form and paid the applicable entry fee:
i. May collect his/her tournament bag and tournament shirt from the EGFC clubhouse – at times specified by EGFC; and
ii. Subject to paragraph 3 below, will be refunded 50% of his/her paid entry fee. The remainder of his/her entry fee will be retained by and forfeited to EGFC.
2.If any portion of the GAMEX 2023 event is cancelled or has restrictions imposed on it due to actual or forecasted weather, an order, direction or notice issued by the Australian, Western Australian or Exmouth government or one of their agencies or departments, or an event or omission that is not within EGFC’s control, then any paid entry fees will not be refunded. All entry fees will be retained by and forfeited to EGFC.
3.A person is not entitled to a refund of any paid entry fee by reason of the GAMEX 2023 event being cancelled unless she/he requests the refund from EGFC in writing by email sent to email@example.com and that request is received by EGFC within 7 days of the EGFC determining that the event is cancelled.
4.A person who has completed and submitted to EGFC the applicable Entry Form and paid the applicable entry fee may by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org deregister from the GAMEX 2023 event. However, she/he is not entitled to a refund of his/her entry fee unless:
A. The email giving notice of such deregistration is received by EGFC prior to 16 February 2023; and
B. Prior to 16 February 2023, she/he pays to EGFC a $50 administration fee.
5.Any person who deregisters from the GAMEX 2023 event must not participate in the GAMEX 2023 event.
6.Save for in the circumstances expressed in paragraphs 1, 3 and 4 above, no person is entitled to a refund of his/her paid entry fee.
Sponsors and Partners 7.If the entire or any portion of the GAMEX 2023 event is cancelled or has restrictions imposed on it due to actual or forecasted weather, an order, direction or notice issued by the Australian, Western Australian or Exmouth government or one of their agencies or departments, or an event or omission that is not within EGFC’s control, then any funds paid or granted, services provided or goods given to EGFC by any of its sponsors, donors or partners in respect of the GAMEX 2023 event will be retained by and forfeited to EGFC.
Please contact the GAMEX 2023 Event Coordinator via: email@example.com for any cancellation and transfer requests.